The members of the future GOLAHA GUURTIDA should be selected body from Somaliland intellectuals. He/she should be an independent and not affiliate with any political party. The Article of the Constitution that address GOLAHA GUURTIDA (The House of Elders) should be amended, especially the clauses that deals with how we elect them, and the function of this Institution.
THE POWERS OF THE HOUSE OF ELDERS (The Future GOLAHA GUURTIDA):
- GOLAHA GUURTIDA should counter check the balance and power of the government (Executive Branch) and the House of Representatives (or politicians) to protect and uphold the constitution and the law.
- They should review all theÂ bill forwarded to them by the House of Representatives.
- They should give special consideration to every bill which the House of Representatives fails to approve. For instance, if 2/3 of the GOLAHA GUURTIDA approves a bill, then that bill should become a law.
- The members of the GOLAHA GUURTIDA should consult with the Somaliland think-thanks and Intellectuals.
THESE INDEPENDENT COMMISSIONS SHOULD FALLING UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE GOLAHA GUURTIDA(THE HOUSE OF ELDERS):
- NATIONAL SECURITY COMMISSION.
- COMMISSION OF JUSTICE.
- MEDIA COMMISSION.
- TENDER BOARD COMMISSION.
- GOOD GOVERNANCE AND ANTI CORRUPTION COMMISSION.
THESE STATE AGENCIES/PASTORALS SHOULD ALSO FALL UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE HOUSE OF ELDERS:
- OFFICE OF AUDITOR GENERAL.
- TREASURY DEPARTMENT
- AGENCY CIVIL SERVANT.
- CENTRAL BANK.