The Article of the Constitution that address GOLAHA GUURTIDA (The House of Elders) should be amended, especially the clauses that deals with how we elect the members of, the allocations of seats and powers.
The members of the GOLAHA GUURTIDA should be selected body from Somaliland intellectuals.
THE POWERS OF THE HOUSE OF ELDERS (The Future GOLAHA GUURTIDA):
- GOLAHA GUURTIDA should counter check the balance and power of the government (Executive Branch) and the House of Representatives (or politicians) to protect and uphold the constitution and the law.
- They should review and approve every bill forwarded to them by the House of Representatives.
- They should give special consideration to every bill which the House the Representatives fails to approve. If for instance the GOLAHA GUURTIDA approve the bill for 2/3 times, the bill should be referred back to the House of Representatives to passed into law.
- The members of the GOLAHA GUURTIDA should consult with the Somaliland Intellectuals.
THESE INDEPENDENT COMMISSIONS SHOULD FALLING UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE GOLAHA GUURTIDA (THE HOUSE OF ELDERS): –
- MEDIA COMMISSION.
- TENDER BOARD COMMISSION.
- GOOD GOVERNANCE AND ANTI CORRUPTION COMMISSION.
THESE STATE AGENCIES/PASTORALS SHOULD ALSO FALL UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE HOUSE OF ELDERS: –
- OFFICE OF AUDITOR GENERAL.
- AGENCY OF TAXES COLLECTIONS AND ENFORCEMENT.
- AGENCY CIVIL SERVANT.
- CENTRAL BANK.